- 500 g waxy potatoes
- 750 g soused herring
- 500 g Cooked beetroot
- 4 pickles
- 2 onions
- 2 sour apples
- 150 g yogurt
- 200 g mayonnaise
- 6 tbs pickle brine
- 1 tbs mustard
- sugar to taste
- pepper, salt
- 3 stalks dill
1. Pour approx. 150 ml water into the pot, wash the potatoes and place the Softiera insert inside. Cover with Secuquick softline and close.
2. Heat the pot on highest level up to the soft window, switch to a low level and cook for approx. 12 minutes in the soft area.
3. At the end of cooking time, depressurize the pot and remove Secuquick. Let the potatoes cool a little, peel and let cool completely.
4. Drain the soused herring and cut into pieces. Dice the beetroot and pickles, peel the onions and apples. Quarter and core the apples, also cut both finely.
5. For the salad dressing, stir yogurt and mayonnaise with the pickle brine and mustard. Season with a pinch of sugar, pepper and some salt.
6. Dice the potatoes and add to the salad dressing with all ingredients. Cover and marinate the soused herring in the fridge for approx. 2 hours and season to taste again before serving. Remove the dill from the stems and serve sprinkled over top the salad.
- The salad is rich in the fat-soluble vitamins D and E. Vitamin D is very important for the absorption of calcium, and vitamin E strengthens the immune system, etc.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.