- 400 g pork belly or shoulder
- 1 onion
- 7 cloves of garlic
- 100 ml soy sauce
- 150 ml rice or cane vinegar
- 50 ml water
- 10 black peppercorns
- 1 ts brown sugar
- 2 tbs sesame oil
1. Remove the meat from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before you intend to prepare it. Dab dry the meat with paper towel and cut into cubes.
2. Peel onion and garlic. Cut onion into slices and garlic into thin slices.
3. Mix onion and garlic along with the other ingredients to a marinade and place the meat into it. Marinade the meat for at least 2 hours.
4. Put meat along with the marinade into the pot. Heat the pot on highest level up to the vegetable window, switch to a low level and cook for approx. 45 minutes in the vegetable area.
5. Remove the lid and cook adobo on a medium level for approx. 10 minutes to reduce the sauce.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.