- 4 stalks celery
- 200 g carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 150 ml red wine
- 500 ml vegetable broth
- 400 g diced tomatoes (canned)
- 150 g red lentils
- 300 g penne (short, tube-shaped noodles)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small red chili
- 3 tbs balsamic vinegar
- cumin powder
1. Clean the celery. Peel the carrots, onion and garlic and finely chop everything in the Quick Cut.
2. Add the vegetables to the pot, heat the pot on highest level up to the roasting window, switch to a low level and roast the vegetables.
3. Deglaze with red wine, add broth, tomatoes, lentils, penne and bay leaf. Mix everything well. Cover with Secuquick softline and close.
4. Heat the pot on highest level up to the soft window, switch to a low level and cook for approx. 4 minutes in the soft area.
5. Core and finely chop the chili. At the end of cooking time, depressurize the pot and remove Secuquick. Remove the bay leaf, add the chili and balsamic vinegar and season with salt, cumin and sugar.
- To add a slightly smoky flavor and even more protein, finely chop some smoked tofu in the Quick Cut and mix it with the penne at the end.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.