- 1 orange
- 250 g carrots
- 3 eggs
- 200 g brown sugar
- 150 ml sunflower oil
- 150 g rice flour
- 50 g cornstarch
- 100 g ground almonds
- 1 package baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- orange marmalade
- powdered sugar
1. Squezze the orange. Peel and finely grate the carrot.
2. Beat the eggs and sugar with the whisk of the handheld mixer for about 2 minutes.
3. Stir the oil and orange juice into the egg and sugar mixture.
4. Mix the rice flour, starch, almonds, baking powder and salt, sift and then gradually fold in. Fold in the carrots too.
5. Grease six muffin cups (approx. 50 ml each) if necessary and pour in the batter. Place in the Softiera insert.
6. Pour approx. 150 ml of water into the pot and place the Softiera insert inside it. Close with the EasyQuick with the sealing ring 24 cm.
7. Heat the pot on highest level up to the steam window, switch to a low level and cook for approx. 15 minutes in the steam area.
8. Let the mini cakes cool. Cut in half crosswise and fill with some orange marmalade, put the halves together again and sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.