- 250 g onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 800 g waxy potatoes
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 600 g savoy cabbage
- 200 g lentils
- 2 1/2 L vegetable or chicken/turkey broth
- 1 1/2 ts spicy paprika powder
- salt, pepper
- 10 stalks parsley
- 100 g roasted and salted almonds
- 250 g chorizo (Spanish pepper salami)
1. Peel and finely chop the onions and garlic.
2. Peel and finely dice the potatoes. Clean the bell peppers and savoy cabbage and finely cut everything.
3. Add the onion mixture to the pot. Heat the pot on highest level up to the roasting window, switch to a low level and roast the onion mixture. Add the lentils and briefly roast.
4. Add the potatoes and pour broth over top. Heat the pot on highest level up to the vegetable window, switch to a low level and cook for approx. 20 minutes in the vegetable area.
5. Season with paprika, salt, and pepper. Add the savoy cabbage and bell peppers.
6. Finely chop the parsley leaves. Peel off the skin of the chorizo and cut the sausage into slices, add to the stew with the almonds.
7. Heat the pot on highest level up to the vegetable window, switch to a low level and cook the lentil stew until done, for approx. 10 minutes in the vegetable area.
8. Season the stew until it is spicy and serve with parsley sprinkled over top.
- It’s particularly delicious if smoked “Pimentón de la vera” paprika is used for the ground paprika. This fine spice is now available in many larger supermarkets.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.