- 1 cup red gram dhal
- 2 cups water
- 1 ts turmeric powder
- 1 ts oil
- 1 ts mustard seeds
- 1 ts cumin seeds
- 2 ts garlic,chopped
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 4 red chillies
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- 1/2 ts salt
- 2 tbs coriander leaves, chopped
- 4 tbs Lime juice
1. Place pot on the hob and set it to highest level. Place washed dhal along with 2 cups of water in the pot.
2. Close the pot with Secuquick softline. Switch on Audiotherm, add approx. 1 minute cooking time, fit it on Visiotherm and turn it till the turbo symbol appears.
3. At the end of cooking time switch off the hob. Place the pot in an inverted lid and allow it to depressurize by itself.
4. For the seasoning place the small pot on the hob. Switch on Audiotherm, fit it on Visiotherm and turn until the roasting symbol appears.
5. As soon as the Audiotherm beeps on reaching the roasting window, reduce the heat. Add oil followed by all the ingredients mentioned under seasoning.
6. Roast the seasoning ingredients till garlic turns golden brown in colour.
7. Open Secuquick and mash the dhal. Add the seasoning to the mashed dhal along with 1 cup of water.
8. Place the pot back on hob, add salt to taste and bring it to boil. Turn off the heat, add lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.