- 1/2 cup green gram dal
- 200 ml water
- 1/2 ts turmeric powder
- 1 ts oil
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- 2 dry red chilies
- 1 ts cumin seeds
- 60 g onion, chopped
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2 green chilies, slit
- 80 g tomato, chopped
- 200 g spinach, chopped
1. Place the washed dal in a pot along with 1 cup of water and turmeric powder.
2. Close the pot with Secuquick softline and place pot on hob and set it at highest level. Switch on Audiotherm, enter approx. 1 minute cooking time, fit it on Visiotherm and turn until the soft symbol appears.
3. At the end of cooking time, switch off the hob. Place the pot in an inverted lid and allow it to depressurise by itself.
4. Place a small pot on hob and set it at highest level. Switch on Audiotherm, fit it on Visiotherm and turn until the roasting symbol appears. As soon as the Audiotherm beeps on reaching the roasting window, switch off the hob.
5. Add oil followed by asafoetida, dry red chilies and cumin seeds.
6. Once cumin seeds splatter, add chopped onions and curry leaves. Roast till the onions are transparent.
7. Add green chilies and tomatoes. Set the hob at medium level and cook till tomatoes are soft. Finally add spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add the seasoning to cooked dal along with salt and 1/4 cup water. Simmer the mixture for few minutes till dal thickens. Serve hot with roti or rice.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.