- 125 ml milk
- 50 g butter
- 250 g flour
- 1/2 package dry yeast
- 60 g sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 g ground hazelnuts
- 1 egg
- 1 package vanilla sugar
- 2 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs cream
1. Mix the flour and dry yeast together in a bowl, then make a well in the middle and pour in the sugar and salt.
2. Gently warm milk with butter in a milk pot, pour in the lukewarm milk mixture and work everything into a smooth dough.
3. Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes until the volume has increased significantly.
4. Mix the ingredients for the filling. Roll out the yeast dough into a rectangle, spread the filling on top and roll up from the long side.
5. Cut a circle out of baking paper (Ø 20 cm) and place in the pot. Cut the dough roll lengthways in the middle and wrap both halves around each other with the cut surfaces facing up, press the ends together well.
6. Put the braid in the pot. Put the pot on the stove and set it on lowest level. Place Navigenio overhead and set at low level. While the Navigenio flashes red/blue, enter approx. 25 minutes in the Audiotherm and bake light brown.
7. Take out and let cool down. Cut into approx. 8 pieces and best serve lukewarm.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.