- 500 g flour
- 75 g sugar
- 1 ts salt
- 20 g fresh yeast
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 egg
- 250 ml milk, lukewarm
- flour for handling
- 100 g lard, melted
- powdered sugar for dusting
1. Mix the flour with sugar and salt in a bowl and make a well in the center of it. Crumble the yeast into the well and whisk the oil and eggs.
2. Pour the milk and whisked eggs into the flour well. Gradually knead everything together and work into a smooth dough.
3. Cover and let the dough rise in a warm location for approx. 60 minutes until the mixture has visibly increased in bulk.
4. Knead the dough again on a floured countertop and roll it out thinly into a rectangle.
5. Generously brush the dough rectangle with lard and then roll it up, starting with the longer side. Fold up the dough roll into a spiral shape.
6. Cut out a circle of baking paper with the help of a 24 cm lid and line the pot with it. Brush the edge of the pot with lard.
7. Place the spiral-shaped dough into the pot and brush with the rest of the lard. Sprinkle some cold water onto the spiral-shaped dough.
8. Place the pot on the hob and switch to a low level. Place the Navigenio overhead and switch to low level, bake for approx. 25 minutes.
9. Switch off the Navigenio and hob, then bake the spiral-shaped dough until done for approx. 10 minutes using the residual heat.
10. Let the spiral-shaped bread cool a little, turn out of the pot and let cool until lukewarm. Serve with powdered sugar sprinkled on top.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.