- 350 g flour
- 50 g butter, softened
- 200 ml water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 untreated lemon
- 2 twigs rosemary
- 200 g mild feta
- flour for handling
- 800 ml oil for deep frying
- honey to drizzle on
1. Knead flour, butter, water and salt into a smooth dough. Wash the lemon in hot water, zest the peel. Finely chop the rosemary leaves. Grate the cheese, mix with lemon zest and rosemary.
2. Thinly roll out the dough on a floured countertop and cut out around 24 circles with a diameter of approx. 12 cm. Put a little filling on top of each, fold into semicircles and press the edges firmly into place.
3. Put the oil into the pan and heat pan on highest level up to the roasting window, switch to a low level and add the first batch of dumplings into the hot oil.
4. Deep-fry the dumplings until the turning point is reached and then deep-fry uncovered until done and golden brown. Allow to drain on paper towel.
5. Deep-fry the rest of the dumplings in the same way. If necessary, use paper towel to remove any moisture on the lid. Drizzle with honey. Best served warm.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.