- 500 g green asparagus
- 2 eggs
- 1 twig rosemary
- 50 g breadcrumbs
- 25 g chopped Parmesan cheese
- 25 g ground almonds
- 1 ts Piment d’esplette (Basque chili pepper)
- 50 g flour
- 3 tbs olive oil
1. Line the small baking dish with baking paper. Peel the bottom third of each asparagus stalk. Preheat oven to 220 °C (top and bottom heat).
2. Whisk the eggs on a flat plate with a fork. Finely chop the rosemary leaves and mix with all the other ingredients up to and including the piment d’esplette and some salt on another flat plate. Put flour on a flat plate too.
3. Coat the asparagus stalks in flour first, then in egg and finally in the breadcrumb mixture. Place the breaded asparagus stalks next to each other in the small baking dish and drizzle with olive oil.
4. Put the small baking dish in the middle of the oven. Depending on how thick the asparagus stalks are, bake for approx. 25 minutes.
5. At the end of the baking time, serve the asparagus as soon as possible.
- Yogurt dip with fresh herbs goes very with this.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.