- 100 g chestnut flour
- 100 g wheat flour
- 1/2 ts salt
- 2 eggs
- 500 ml milk
- 100 g butter, melted
- 1 red onion
- 200 g radicchio
- 2 pears
- 100 g Taleggio (a soft Italian cheese)
- 50 g walnuts, roasted and chopped
- 100 ml white port wine
1. Sift both types of flour into a bowl with the salt. Whisk the egg with the milk, add to the flour, stir, and then add the cooled butter. Mix everything together to form a smooth dough.
2. Let the dough rest in the refrigerator for at least 60 minutes.
3. Heat the pan at the highest setting until the perfect roasting temperature has been reached.
4. Switch to medium heat, pour about 1/8 batter into pan and spread evenly.
5. As soon as the dough firms up, turn over and roast until done. Keep crêpe warm and fry the remaining crêpes in the same way.
6. Peel and finely chop the onion, then add it to the pot. Wash the radicchio, quarter it and cut it into fine strips. Peel and pit the pears and cut them into small cubes. Cut the Taleggio into slices.
7. Heat pot to roasting window on high, turn to low, add pears and roast briefly. Deglaze with port wine and reduce. Stir the radicchio and season with salt and pepper.
8. Fill crêpes with radicchio mixture, top with Taleggio and fold into triangles. Sprinkle with walnuts and serve immediately.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.