- 120 g flour
- 80 ml carbonated mineral water
- 150 ml almond or cashew drink
- 20 ml vodka
- 1 ts salt
- 500 g cauliflower florets (see tip)
- 1 L oil for frying
- 1 ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbs honey
- 5 tbs sesame oil
- 3 tbs hot chili sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 150 g greek yogurt
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- salt, pepper
1. For the batter, mix all ingredients from the flour to the salt until smooth and let rest at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
2. For the seasoning sauce, peel and very finely chop the ginger and garlic and mix both in a large bowl with all the remaining ingredients.
3. Add oil for frying to the pan, heat on highest level up to the roasting window and switch to medium level. In batches, handle each cauliflower floret by the stalk, dip into the batter and place directly into the oil. Deep-fry until the turning point is reached.
4. Remove the lid and finish deep-frying the wings, turning them until they are golden yellow. Next, remove and drain on paper towel. Deep-fry the rest of the cauliflower florets in the same way.
5. Peel and finely chop the garlic clove for the dip, mix with yogurt and sesame oil and season with salt and pepper.
6. Cut out a circle of baking paper with the help of a 24 cm lid. Heat the pot on highest level up to the roasting window. In batches, carefully toss the cooled wings in the seasoning sauce.
7. Put the pot in the inverted lid, line with baking paper, spread the first portion of wings on top and place the Navigenio overhead. Switch to low level for about 5 minutes, then switch to the high level and depending on the degree of browning, finish baking for about 1 minute until browned and crispy.
8. Remove the finished wings, briefly place the pot on the hot Navigenio to put the remaining wings in, then finish baking the wings in the same manner.
9. The wings are best served immediately with the garlic dip.
- Leave the stalk on the cauliflower florets as long as possible; this makes them easier to handle and they look like “real chicken wings.”
- The vodka makes the batter extra crispy. If you don’t want to include the alcohol, use a little more water instead.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.