- 1 kg waxy potatoes
- 1 L oil for deep frying
1. Peel the potatoes, cut them into fries (measuring about 0.5 to 1 cm in thickness) and rinse them well under running water. Pat dry with a clean dishcloth.
2. Add oil into the pan and heat at highest level up to the roasting window, switch to a low level, add half of the fries to the pan and fry them until it is time to flip.
3. Flip the fries, dry the inside of the lid with a paper towel, replace the lid and continue frying for another 3 minutes or so. Remove the fries and allow them to dry well and cool on a paper towel.
4. Finish pre-frying the second half of the fries in the same way.
5. Heat the pan at highest level up to the vegetable window, switch to a medium level and add half of the pre-fried fries to the pan. Cover with the lid, unscrew the Visiotherm and fry for about 5 minutes until the fries are crispy and golden brown.
6. Remove the fries and allow them to dry well on a paper towel. Finish frying the second half of the fries in the same way.
7. Season the finished fries with salt and serve immediately.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.