- 250 g Colacasia
- 1/2 cup water
- salt to taste
For the masala
- 1 ts oil
- 1/2 ts caraway seeds
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 ts ginger, paste
- 1/2 ts garlic, paste
- 5 tbs tomato puree
- 1/2 ts turmeric powder
- 1/2 ts red chilli powder
- 1/2 ts coriander powder
- 1/2 ts garam masala
- 2 green chillies, slit
- 1 cup water
- salt to taste
- 2 tbs coriander leaves, chopped
1. Place pot on hob and set it at highest level. Add washed colocasia in the pot along with water and salt. Close the pot with Secuquick softline. Switch on Audiotherm, enter approx. 1 minute cooking time, fit it on Visiotherm and turn it until turbo symbol appears.
2. At the end of cooking time, switch off the hob, place Secuquick in an inverted lid and leave it to depressurize by itself.
3. Open the pot, peel and slice Colacasia.
4. Place HotPan on the hob and set it at highest level. Switch on Audiotherm, fit it on Visiotherm and turn until the roasting symbol appears.
5. As soon as Audiotherm beeps on reaching the roasting window, reduce the heat. Grease the pan with oil and drop in the colacasia pieces and roast on both sides until golden brown, drain and keep it aside.
6. Into the same pan, add oil, caraway seeds and chopped onions. Roast till onions turn golden brown in colour.
7. Add ginger-garlic paste followed by tomato puree, green chillies, chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Add water, salt and roasted colacasia and cook for 4-5 minutes till gravy becomes thick.
8. Add garam masala powder and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
9. Serve hot with roti/chapati.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.