- 100 g thin bacon slices
- 100 g spring onions
- 6 tarte flambée bases (approx. 22 cm in diameter, either store-bought or home-made)
- 200 g crème fraîche with herbs
1. Cut the bacon into thin slices. Clean the spring onions and slice them into thin rings.
2. Place the pot on the Navigenio and heat on level 6 up to the roasting window.
3. Place the first pastry base in the pot, spread 1/6 of the crème fraîche on it and then spread 1/6 of the bacon and spring onions on top as well.
4. Place the pot in an inverted lid, place the Navigenio overhead and turn to the large level, then bake for approx. 1 minute until crispy.
5. Remove tarte flambée and return pot on level 6 on the Navigenio. Place the next dough base inside, add toppings in the same way and bake as described in points 4 and 5.
6. When arranging toppings, always return pot on level 6 on the Navigenio. The baking time for the other tartes flambées will then be about 2 minutes.
7. Before serving, season tarte flambée with pepper.
- If you want to make the dough yourself, then the basic recipe for pizza dough is the perfect choice. Make sure that it is not too soft.
- The tarte flambée will be easier to remove from the pot and the pot will stay cleaner if a circle of baking paper is used.
- If you buy a ready-made dough, you will need about 500 g of it.
- Crème fraîche is essential for tarte flambée. You can get creative with the other ingredients however you prefer: - Finely sliced vegetables like asparagus, fennel and leek are great for this. - Ham, salami or salmon are variations on the bacon. - If you like, you can grate a little intense cheese (such as Alpine mountain cheese or goat cheese) over it at the end.
This recipe has been tested and approved by AMC.